The neighbourhood of Westwood is defined by Portage Avenue on the north, the Assiniboine River on the south, Westwood Drive on the east and the west side of the lots off Twain and Dickens drives (Glendale Country Club) on the west.
Westwood is a residential development of the 1960s and 1970s in West Winnipeg that grew in response to a need for modern residential property felt throughout the city and surrounding municipalities.
17 Wing Winnipeg is located approximately 5 km northeast of the Westwood neighbourhood or approximately a 10-minute drive.
Westwood is a part of the St. James-Assiniboia School Division and is serviced by both English and French Immersion Schools.
15. LINCOLN MIDDLE SCHOOL, 3180 McBey Ave., R3K 0T7, 204-837-8397
19. ÉCOLE ROBERT BROWNING*, 130 Browning Blvd. R3K 0L8, 204-837-8381 French Immersion Program
21. SANSOME SCHOOL, 181 Sansome Ave. R3K 0N8, 204-889-6000
26. WESTWOOD COLLEGIATE, 360 Rouge Rd., R3K 1K3, 204-888-7650
French Immersion Programs
3. ÉCOLE BANNATYNE*, 363 Thompson Dr., R3J 3E5, 204-888-1101
9. ÉCOLE GOLDEN GATE MIDDLE SCHOOL*, 330 Bruce Ave., R3J 0V8, 204-837-5808
19. ÉCOLE ROBERT BROWNING*, 130 Browning Blvd. R3K 0L8, 204-837-8381
24. COLLÈGE STURGEON HEIGHTS COLLEGIATE*, 2665 Ness Ave., R3J 1A5, 204-888-0684
Residential detatched sales have been very strong over the past 10 years in the Westwood area. The average days on market for properties sits between 9 and 12 which shows homes selling relatively quickly. Overall values have increased by 43% since 2009, with an increase of 5.4% in 2016 and 2017, and no increase for 2018.
*As of Jan 2019
**This information is deemed to be accurate however cannot be guaranteed.